Rock Music - Rap Music - Future Music - Music Therapy
Hip Hop - New Music - Old Music - Live Music
Creative Interventions In Grief And Loss Therapy
Get the tools to help the grief that comes when a dream dies
Every person at one time or another suffers when his or her dreams are shattered. Creative Interventions in Grief and Loss Therapy: When the Music Stops, a Dream Dies provides truly innovative approaches to therapeutically help individuals work through and survive grief and loss. Leading experts explore creative interventions for common, yet emotionally devastating problems faced by those weathering the storms of grief after their dream has been destroyed. Therapists and counselors get the effective tools to creatively help people through the difficulties of dealing with death, addiction, trauma, changes in life circumstances, divorce, heartbreak, miscarriage, co-occurring mental health and substance use disorder (COD), suicide, adoption, and issues with children.
The chapters in this innovative volume cite existing research on specific grief and loss issues and illustrate a clinical application for each situation using various creative mediums such as music, writing, or ritual. Each approach can be expanded and modified with care by clinicians of all types to better help clients through the process. This resource is extensively referenced.
Topics in Creative Interventions in Grief and Loss Therapy include:
- how storytelling, journaling, and correspondence can be used to process the experience of a counselora (TM)s loss following the death of their client
- using psychodrama and the utilization of empty chair techniques to address addiction related grief and loss
- the use of rituals as an intervention to help clients trauma and loss during times of natural disasters
- the process of gatekeeping by counselor educators
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) as an approach to help student athletes deal with life after the sport
- a literary exercise to help clients work toward forgiveness after divorce
- using books, songs, and projects to assist clients experiencing grief after the death of their adolescent child
- creative strategies to aid clients through the grief and loss of love
- effective interventions to assist clients through loss from miscarriage
- using music, videography, visual arts, literature, drama, play, and altar-making in the grief process
- innovative interventions for individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorder
- suicide high risk factorsa "and a Pre-suicide Preparation Plan that mental health practitioners can implement
- creative intervention for the client who is adopted using super heroes and science fiction
- therapeutic storytelling for children in grief
Creative Interventions in Grief and Loss Therapy: When the Music Stops, a Dream Dies is a creative, reaffirming resource perfect for mental health professionals, therapists, counselors, social workers, educators, and students.
Creative Music Therapy
A long-awaited, contemporary revision and expansion of the classic 1977 text by Paul Nordoff and Clive Robbins that laid the foundations for the widening development of their pioneering improvisational practice of music therapy. It is a large format book of nineteen chapters and over 500 pages?yet it is a book to be listened to as much as read. The core of the book's content is to be gained through the ear. The original edition?the first music therapy text to make audio recordings of therapy sessions publicly available?contained one hour of recordings. The revised edition includes almost five hours of clinical work on four CDs. The 160 annotated excerpts taken from courses of improvisational music therapy with twenty-four variously disabled children present a kaleidoscopic range of creative musical-clinical phenomena.
Using The Creative Arts In Therapy And Healthcare
Using the Creative Arts in Therapy and Healthcare provides a practical introduction to the uses of arts and other creative processes to promote health and encourage healing.
This latest edition includes newly edited chapters from the original and second edition covering the therapeutic use of dance, drama, folklore and ritual, story telling and the visual arts. Information on guidelines, preparations and practical hints for leaders and facilitators has also been updated. New chapters provide an international perspective in the field of the arts and healthcare, and show how the artist can alleviate distress for patients through art, music and drama.
Illustrated throughout with ideas and examples of how the arts can be used in a range of healthcare settings, this book will be essential reading for creative arts therapists and healthcare professionals throughout the world.
Play With A Pro Trumpet Music
Join a current Broadway musician to practice first or second trumpet with 16 selections of bop, swing, Latin, jazz, rock, Dixieland, and blues arrangements. In addition to the music, this volume includes downloadable MP3s with backup accompaniment for rehearsal routines.
Each song is recorded three ways:
1. Practice playing first or second trumpet with the title tracks, MP3s 1-16, marked TT.
2. Practice playing melody with harmony accompaniment, MP3s 17-32, marked HT.
3. Practice playing harmony with melody accompaniment, MP3s 33-48, marked MT.
These rehearsal routines are comparable to playing a 30-minute set with a live stage band!
Navigating Art Therapy
From Art-making as a Defence to Works of Art, this anthology will help you navigate your way through the ever growing world of art therapy.
Art therapy is used in an increasing range of settings and is influenced by a range of disciplines, including psychotherapy, social psychiatry, social work and education. Navigating Art Therapy is an essential companion for both seasoned art therapists and those new to the field as it offers a comprehensive guide to key terms and concepts.
With contributions from art therapists around the world, entries cover:
- forms of interpretation
- processes of adaptation
- history of art therapy
- the inspiration provided by artworks and popular culture
This book is an ideal source of reference as the concise, cross-referenced entries enable easy navigation through ideas and terms integral to the discipline. As such, it is invaluable for anyone working in the art therapy field.
Sauce Music Articles
Sauce Music Books